Frequently asked questions
Because otherwise, the chances are they would languish unread in a hard drive. Fictionjunkies began life as pennyshorts.com in 2015, and originally, each story cost 50p to download. The main motivation for setting up the site was to get featured authors as big a readership as possible, and the tiny barrier of 50p was enough to interfere with that goal.
Definitely! Readers tend to choose stories that have a prior rating. Everyone likes praise, but constructive criticism is highly appreciated by most authors, not to mention other readers. A thoughtful critique often piques a reader’s interest far more than gushing praise. All reviews are welcome, but please folks, no insulting or abusive language.
Your feedback on the site is also really important. If you have any problems or issues as a user, or have any ideas on how to improve the site, please email email@example.com. We’d be delighted to hear from you.
That’s so kind of you to say so. Here’s how:
- Use the site, and encourage others to do the same
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Rate and review the stories
- Like us on social media
- Mention us to every bus or rail commuter, to mums with babies who are up in the small hours. Tell all travellers, backpackers and holidaymakers, who will inevitably have time to kill, retired people who fancy a break from the gardening, and all coffee drinkers who are sitting in Starbucks with nothing to read, and are fed up with checking work emails or their friends’ mendacious facebook updates.
- If you are a blogger or have a website, please mention the site on your blog, as this will really help us with SEO (search engine optimisation)
Thank you so much for visiting.