NOVELS & NON-FICTION
Please email the the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words ‘NOVEL SUBMISSION’ or ‘NON-FICTION SUBMISSION’ in the title:
- a synopsis
- your first 3 chapters or first 10,000 words (whichever you think more appropriate)
- a description of how you can help to market not only your own book, but the others in the fictionjunkies family. Book marketing is a brutally competitive business. There are more writers than ever, and fewer readers, so be creative. For example:
- Are you good on social media?
- Can you write guest blog posts?
- Are you willing to write honest book reviews on Goodreads and Amazon for our stable of books?
- Do you have literary contacts?
- Are you a good public speaker? Are you willing to speak at events? Not only literary festivals, but at local events, such as WI groups, Roundtable, Probus, U3A etc.
- Do you have good contacts with your local bookshop(s)
- I’m sure you can think of other ideas.
FORMATTING: Plain fonts preferred with 1.5 spacing.
Due to the volume of submissions, we are not able to reply to everyone. (We received over 50 submissions in our first week.) Please feel free to send a follow-up email after 6 weeks.
Please email your stories as word docs to email@example.com, with the word ‘SUBMISSION’ in the title.
Stories of all genres welcome, except writing for children. Simultaneous submissions are welcome and we don’t insist on exclusives – you are perfectly free to place your work elsewhere.
Guideline maximum: 5,000 words.
FORMATTING: Plain fonts please (such as Times New Roman, Ariel or Courier) with an indent at the beginning of each paragraph (except the first) and with a gap between paragraphs. Double or 1.5 spacing preferred. Please place the following at the end of your story:
© [Your Name]
Thanks for sending in your stories.